I was getting kinda bored with my meals so I decided to do the pinterest browse and stumbled on this awesome chunky portabella veggie burgers from The kitchen Whisperer, which I said...YUMMERS, I gotta try this but with my own flaired style!
3 cups portabella mushrooms, cubed
2 cups organic canned Red Kidney beans (you can use black beans too)
2 cups minced broccoli, fresh
1 cup minced cauliflower, fresh
1/2 cup red onion, minced
egg replacement mixture = 3 eggs
1/2 cup quinoa (I always have some already made in the fridge)
1/2 cup whole wheat matzoh meal (or bread crumbs of choice)
seasonings - cumin, curry, paprika, turmeric, ginger (add a steak seasoning if you prefer)
2 tbl minced garlic
3/4 cup of Daiya jack cheese, minced
*I didn't, but the original recipe called for Montreal steak seasoning and worcestershire sauce
1. large bowl mash up half the beans
2. add all veggies and rest of the beans and seasoning
3. mix until coated
4. add egg replacement, Daiya cheese and matzoh meal
5. scoop mixture into palms, press firmly together to make burgers. they need extra pressure to keep them solid.
6. Heat up coconut oil in skillet and cook each side until brown.
You can serve with hummus, guacamole or steak sauce. Enjoy!
Nothing is Impossible!