1) Bring you're own favorite snacks, dish, or veggies to share and help others see how clean eating can be delicious too. (i.e. asian coleslaw is always a hit)
2) Plate your food yourself with all the healthier options first, and then decide if the non-clean foods are worth it. You may also plan ahead knowing you've got a BBQ and replace your "yellow" or reward for this event.
3) Check out my pinterest board ideas. There are lots of skewer options and you can easily incorporate almost all the colors/ food groups (i.e. zucchini, pineapple, chicken/beef/seafood/tofu/seitan, sweet potato, Avocado, oil & seasoning =G, P, R, Y, B, O, spoon)
4) Bring a bottle of water and make it fun to drink (infuse with watermelon, fruit or an extract you like)
5) Drink your Shakeology prior to the BBQ so you don't feel starved or have your typical BBQ cravings for the snacks and chips that you'll often be surrounded by.
6) EAT - Use a small plate & know your plated portions and start to eye ball how much of each you should plate. Don't make yourself a target by not eating. People always notice the person at a BBQ not eating anything at all.
7) DON'T PILE ON THE FOOD just because everyone is or you think you'll feed your kids from the same plate. Make your kids a separate plate!
8) Help to clean up, so that the food doesn't stare you in the face the whole time.
9) Don't talk about how you're on a meal plan and don't use the word DIET, cause this is a lifestyle eating plan! This is a time to enjoy your family and friends and help them see that you are not focused on what you can not do, but what you are doing! DO TALK ABOUT your commitment to changing your eating habits and creating a cleaner lifestyle! You will help someone around you learn something new and that is a beautiful gift to share!
10) HAVE FUN! Enjoy your time and if that includes alcohol...CHEERS! Know your limits, drink a cup of water for every alcoholic drink you consume. This will help you keep away from snacking and also prevent you from drinking too much alcohol. Always BE SAFE and enjoy your time.
Enjoy the fun BBQ season and thanks for reading! Would love your ideas and comments too.